The Gift of Motherhood

I used to think that being a mom was easy, that is, until I became one.

Growing up, I watched my own mother balance her life as a wife, a career woman, a servant in the community, and a mother to seven children! I admired the way she seemed to manage everything so well that I used to tell myself, “Hey, being a mom is so simple!”

But I later discovered that motherhood was much tougher than I thought.

The day I gave birth, I was given a new life to nourish and, in many ways, a new life to live. I knew it was definitely not going to be easy. But life with my child was also the beginning of a new journey, one I looked forward to experiencing for the rest of my life.

One of the most important things I learned about motherhood is that life is no longer just about me. My child became such a big part of my life, and my family became my world. And despite all the demands and challenges that come with being a mother, I am truly grateful for this role.

My own mother inspired me to discover my personal mission as a mom. Because of her, I learned to embrace motherhood as one of the best things that ever happened to me.

It is definitely not an easy task, but nothing can compare with the feeling of receiving a warm hug after a tantrum or a little kiss after a scolding episode.

I cherish those precious moments of watching my son stand up after every fall and seeing his smile after every crying moment. I find joy in our peaceful sleep together after a tiring day and in the warmth of hearing him say “ba-bu”—his two-year-old version of “I love you”—after every “sorry.”

Being a mom brings out the best in me, and sometimes the worst, too. But it is in trying to bring out the best in my child that I find the strength to keep going. It reminds me that every sacrifice is worth it.

Perhaps the best thing about being a mom is seeing life through the innocent eyes of my four-year-old. It is discovering the pure happiness that comes from loving someone so selflessly and experiencing the joy of watching my child, little by little, grow into the person I hope he will become.



Motherhood is indeed a wonderful gift. And every life is truly a miracle.

Happy Mother’s Day!

Popular Posts