Leap of Faith

Looking back at how I first started my life as a career woman, I realize that I was extremely focused on myself. It was all about my ambitions, my success, my earnings…

I was beginning to make progress in my career when God suddenly changed the course of my journey. A new and totally different path was ahead of me—one that would entail sacrificing some of my dreams and giving up many of my worldly desires.

I found myself following God’s path, and everything changed. Changed for the better, of course.

Saying “yes” to God’s plan for me to become a missionary back in 2000 made me a better person. It was not a perfect life, nor did I get the perfect job. I was not spared from heartaches, pain, and challenges. But in the midst of it all, God’s perfect love for me was more than enough.

I devoted 14 years of my life to serving God full-time. Fourteen years of gaining new friends, exploring new territories, learning things I never thought I could do, and experiencing a rewarding life far beyond compare. More importantly, I was blessed with the things that truly matter most in life.

As I continue to move forward, God is once again opening new doors of opportunity for me. This time, He is leading me back to where I initially thought I would find the best life—back to the corporate world.


At first, I wondered, Why did God pull me out of this life only to bring me back after so many years?

Had I not left my career, I would have been “someone” already by this time. Had I not given up my job, perhaps I would already be established and successful in my chosen field.

Suddenly, I was struck with fears and doubts about going back because I was no longer the same person.

But that’s precisely it.

I was no longer the same ambitious, self-centered, career-driven, worldly person I used to be.

This time, it’s not about me anymore.

God now wants me to move forward and share myself with more people beyond my comfort zone. For 14 years, He patiently molded me into becoming a person of true worth. He equipped me with the confidence I needed to serve Him even more, wherever He wanted me to be. He taught me to become a better steward of His blessings—both the spiritual and the material.

I know that this time around, my inspiration to excel and succeed is rooted in my desire to serve God and my family. My sense of achievement will come more from what I can give and contribute than from the recognition I can receive.

I will never know exactly what else God has in store for me. For now, it’s all about taking a leap of faith.

Whenever I entrust everything to God, I know it will always be for the best. Time and again, God has proven that His best is always beyond anything I could ever need, hope for, or imagine.

Popular Posts