I Married My OneTrue Love!


Our Wedding Day ... 8 years ago - September 18, 2004


When I first met my husband, Noli, I felt nothing!  In fact, I didn't even gave him a second thought.  I was obsessed with finding my "ideal" man and he certainly didn't fit my criteria... (at least, not at that time!). 

I was 24 and never had a relationship (no-boyfriend-since-birth, as they say!).  I knew that part of why I never really got into a serious relationship in the past was the fact that I was too idealistic.  I was extremely difficult to please.  I wanted the "perfect relationship" with the "ideal" one. 

Until came this point in my life when I told myself that I have to stop living in my fantasy world.  Instead, let go and let love take its natural course.  I decided to make the most of each day as it comes until true love will finally come knocking at my heart.  I learned to trust that if it's meant for me, it will eventually find me. 

So I focused myself in my mission-work.  I became a fulltime Missionary for my Catholic organization serving the youth and got invloved in various community programs and events.  I felt so fulfilled as a person, helping others, reaching out, and making a difference. 

Devoting my life to serving others made me complete as a person.  But still in my heart, I knew that someday I will meet my one true love who will fill up my life even more. 

Indeed this moment came as a surprise.  It was thru the missions that I met a man who was also passionate about serving God and others.   It wasn't love at first sight.  Though deep inside I somehow had this strange feeling that there was something more about this person.   

I began praying for him. I was a firm believer in St. Joseph.  I was told long ago that if I wanted a committed and loving husband I should pray to him, for St. Joseph was the epitome of an ideal husband.  So I did. 

We got to know each other better thru missionwork, traveling to different mission areas, and together, shared the same passion and conviction. 



Happy Two-gether!


Our friendship grew.   I began to clearly see the kind of man that he is - he was not what I have always hoped for - because he was far more than that.  He may not be who I wanted... but he was definitely the inspiration I needed to be the best person I can be. 

Eventually, I fell in love.  Noli became my first ... and last boyfriend.    

After 3 years, he asked me to be his wife.  He proposed on his birthday!  How could I ever say no ...  ofcourse, I wasn't planning to.  I will never forget what he said to me that day - that to have me as his future wife was the best gift he could ever receive. 

We got married a year later in Santuario De San Jose (St. Joseph's Church), in honor of my devotion to him.  



Our Wedding Invite - Front Cover


A few days from now, we will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary.  Ours may not be a perfectly written love story, but every chapter of our life together is always a new beginning.  We may be two imperfect individuals, but everytime we are together is a perfect moment.  

In the midst of trying times, I would find myself wondering why did I ever marry this man.  But it's simply amazing how I can fall in love over and over again with the same person.  

No doubt about it... I married my one true love!   

Popular Posts