I was a college student when I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I will never forget how my doctor back then told me that this condition could affect certain hormonal changes in my body, especially my chances of getting pregnant. Depending on how my body would react to these changes, I could end up either being too fertile—which, of course, was what I was hoping for—or, worse, I might have difficulty getting pregnant.
I hoped for the best. Like most women, I dreamed of having my own children and experiencing the wonderful gift of motherhood.
When I got married years later, I prepared myself for the possibility that getting pregnant might not be easy. During the first year of our marriage, my husband and I had the opportunity to learn more about Natural Family Planning while attending various seminars for couples. Given my condition, I initially felt that it was irrelevant to me, so it was merely out of curiosity that I tried to learn what it was all about. At that time, I was not exactly convinced of the need to practice such a method.
However, through NFP, I learned so much about my own body, its natural beauty, and the basic process of how it prepares to nurture life. That is why, later on and quite unexpectedly, when my husband and I found out that I was pregnant, I was so happy and excited to finally nurture a life inside of me.
Unfortunately, eight weeks into my pregnancy, I had a miscarriage.
At first, it was difficult for me to accept that the precious life inside of me was gone. But my husband and I never gave up hope that one day we would finally be blessed with a child. And indeed, two years later, I got pregnant once again. This time, I gave birth to a happy and healthy baby boy.
Through this experience, I learned just how precious life is.
What I appreciate about Natural Family Planning is that, for me, it was not only about learning how to postpone pregnancy. It also helped me understand my fertility and recognize the timing that could help couples who are hoping to conceive—especially those like myself who are eager to achieve pregnancy.
Through NFP, also known as fertility awareness, I learned to appreciate my body and become more aware of my fertility cycle and physical capacity. Most importantly, it gave me a better understanding of what was happening in my own body.
Personally, I have always preferred the more natural approach. But beyond that, another important benefit I found in NFP was how it encouraged mutual respect and strengthened the bond between husband and wife. It opened opportunities for honest communication—to discuss together whether they hoped to achieve or postpone pregnancy, to understand the realities of a woman’s fertile days, and to make decisions together as a couple.
Life is such a precious gift, and we, as women, have been given the special privilege of nurturing it.
My conviction to be protect life is deeply personal. In my own way, it is how I continue to honor the life of my supposedly first-born child whom I lost through miscarriage. It is an act of love for my unborn child—a way of remembering that the life he or she brought into mine continues to shape what I believe and stand for today.
I believe that every new life is a gift. And when a life comes into this world, may we always learn to receive it with love.
Let us welcome every life as a gift.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Labels
100% Pure Woman Life Pro-Life- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment