Happiness Is...
Last week, I was helping my son, Mico, with one of his school assignments. The instruction was simple: list down “10 Things That Make Me Happy.”
So I asked my son what makes him happy, and this was what he answered:
“Hug”
“When I listen to my teacher”
“Playing”
“Mommy or Daddy kissing my cheek”
“Having toys”
“Watching cartoons”
“Family”
“Dancing”
“Sharing toys and food”
“Love”
Children truly know the real meaning of HAPPINESS.
What a beautiful reminder that happiness can be found in the simplest things. A hug. A kiss. Family. Playing. Sharing. Love.
Perhaps happiness has always been within us. It doesn't have to be complicated or grand. Sometimes, it is simply found in the purity of our hearts and in the little things we often take for granted.
At the end of the day, happiness is a choice. We may not always have control over what happens to us, but we can choose to appreciate the blessings, find joy in the little things, and be grateful for the moments that make life beautiful.